Charges and Remissions
Charges and Remissions Policy
In accordance with Articles 127 - 138 E.R.O. (NI) 1989, a Charging and Remissions Policy applicable from 1 April 1992 to Optional Extras, and Board and Lodging on residential trips provided by the school is as follows:
- All educational activity, which must be provided by law, or which takes place wholly or more than 50% during school time, is free. Outside of these circumstances, charges will be made for any additional or optional activities.
- A charge will be made for board and lodgings when pupils are on residential trips.
- Charges will be made for ingredients and materials needed for courses in practical subjects provided by the school where parents state that they wish to receive the finished product. Parents/guardians may also be requested to provide the materials or the ingredients for certain products when they wish to receive the finished product.
- Parents/guardians are asked to make an annual voluntary contribution to the school’s Capital Fund of £100 per pupil up to a maximum of £200 per family. This is payable, at the latest, by October each year. Standing Order is the preferred method of payment.
- Parents are asked to make a stationery payment of £20 per pupil that is payable, at the latest, by October of each year.